The Flowers Law Firm in Tyler, Texas, is seeking a “PEOPLE PERSON” legal assistant and intake specialist.
About the Job:
Please read the ENTIRE job posting. We are looking to hire a legal assistant and intake specialist who will manage our intake system and establish systems for client management. In a typical day, one could expect to do some or all of the following tasks: calls or meetings with clients; calls with medical providers; drafting letters; drafting discovery or pleadings; file management on server; data entry into the case management system; answering phone calls; calendar and schedule management; calling witnesses or experts or service providers.
We have weekly case management meetings and utilize case management software to assure that our files are diligently handled. We have systems in place for every aspect of the firm so that clear expectations are set.
Pay is negotiable, but will be commensurate with experience as well as the market in Tyler for similar sized law firms.
Requirements and qualifications include:
To be qualified for this position, you must be a PEOPLE PERSON. By this, we mean that you must be an effective communicator, someone who listens first and talks second, and someone who has the ability to put people at eaze.
Applicants must also believe in the mission of our firm, which is that we want to change the perception of lawyers one client at a time. This requires an attitude of empathy to our clients, a strong desire to stand up for our clients, and a high degree of personal accountability.
Knowledge of Texas personal injury laws as well as the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure is helpful. Experience at another litigation firm is highly preferred but not required.
Applicants must be able to type quickly, must be highly skilled at Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Power Point), and must exhibit pleasant “people skills” and telephone skills. Applicants must also possess an attention to detail, particularly with grammer and spelling.
- Proficient in All Microsoft Office Suite Applications – Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Problem solving skills.
- Deadline-oriented and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Can-do attitude.
- Work well with others and be a team player.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Possess Exellent Writing and Communication Skills.
- Punctual, Dependable, Reliable
- Team Player.
- Client Relationship Skills.
- Professional Phone Etiquette.
- Ability to Manage Time in a Fast-paced Environment with up to 15 new leads a day.
- Phone management and calendar management for a team of professionals.
- Coordinate general evaluation of potential client cases to ensure that they meet our case criteria standards and set appointments. Gather basic details in order to evaluate the potential claim.
- Service leads via telephone and internet promptly.
- Intake of New File Information.
- Ensure that every potential client is properly documented in our contact management system and that the potential client status (rejected, accepted, meeting scheduled, etc.) is properly logged.
- Manage all referral tracking and coordinate intake systems.
- Data Entry – Maintain and update files in case managment program (Needles, Excel, or Windows)
About the Firm:
The Flowers Law Firm is a Tyler law firm that handles various types of cases, including personal injury, insurance claims, divorce, child custody, and various other family law matters. The personal injury practice consists primarily of car wrecks, 18 wheeler wrecks, and helping injured workrs. We solely represent victims of these injuries in their fights against insurance companies. Our family lawyer handles all types of divorce and family law matters, including child custody, adoptions, and parental rights.
We have two attorneys, Donivan Flowers and Eric Felux. We also utilize part time staff and contract labor to assist in our case management. We have made a concerted effort to automate many tasks and we use various tools and applications to make our jobs easier. For instance, we maintain an electronc file and minimize the amount of paper we use (it’s good for the environment and good to reduce clutter).
Our office is on the square in downtown Tyler in the First Place Building (Regions Bank). There is reserved parking for building employees in a gated parking lot.
Although not necessary to get the job, if you have any of the following skills or experience, this will be helpful: bilingual; use of the client management system called Needles; a computer marketing or coputer technical background.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you are a PEOPLE PERSON or think you know someone who would qualify, please send an email your resume to email@example.com and tell us:
1. Why you are a PEOPLE PERSON?
2. Why we should hire you?
3. What is your favorite Social Media site?
4. How many typographical errors can you locate in this job posting?